Sunday 26 March 2023

 


Turquoise and cerulean

Lapis lazuli and Prussian blue

The breath and gurgle of this royal beast.

It speaks into me

And I feel my blood match its hue

My voice, its timbre.

I dissolve into it

Or perhaps it dissolves into me.


I will ever be apart of this unity

Though it will ever be a part of me.

I have found a twin soul,

A solitude to match my own.

An immersive intimacy beyond the shores I call home.


Then, as my ancestors before me,

I return to the land

Partly lost, partly at ease.

The air fills me, familiar as a distant memory;

My blood crimson once more.

Already, looking back, I see danger,

The fear of being dashed against the rocks,

This vein of scarlet a reminder of my true heritage.


But I quiet my mind

And hear the echo in my soul.

The rocks be damned;

This is my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment